Aeolus today is the leading supplier of Electro-coagulation and Electro-Oxidation with wide experience and sound technical know how in the industry.
In the EC-Electro-coagulation process, the coagulant is generated in situ by electrolytic oxidation of an appropriate anode material. In this process, charged ionic species are removed from wastewater by allowing it to react with floccules of metallic hydroxides generated within the effluent.
EC could be of interest to Industries that generate wastewater containing oil wastes, dyes, suspended particles, chemical and mechanical polishing waste, and organic matter from landfill leachates, de-fluorination of water, synthetic detergent effluents,mine wastes and heavy metal containing solution.
Main Advantages OF THE ELECTRO-COAGULATIONTECHNOLOGY
- Electro-coagulation requires simple equipments and is easy to operate.
- Sludge formed by EC is very low in quantity and canbe dewatered quickly
- Flocs formed by EC are similar to chemical flocs,except that EC flocs contain less water and are more stable and therefore canbe separated faster by filtration.
- The EC process has the advantage of removing the smallest colloidal particles, because the applied electric field sets them in faster motion, thereby facilitating the coagulation.
- The gas bubbles produced during the electrolysis can carry the pollutants to the top of the solution where it can be more easily removed.
INNOVATIVE ASPECTS OF THE TECHNOLOGY
- The Electrocoagulation (EC) cell is controlled electrically and have no moving parts, thus requires less maintenance,
- The EC process avoids uses of chemicals and so there is no problem of neutralizing excess chemicals.
- EC produces effluents with less total dissolved solids (TDS) content as compared with chemical treatments
Electrocoagulation EC when combined with physical treatments like sedimentation, settling, and fine filtration gives the best results in term of water purification and treatment.
Electrocoagulation when followed by Electro-oxidation or non-chemical oxidation of wastewater like Ozone and UV offers best quality recyclable water from industrial or domestic wastewater.
Aeolus Electro-coagulation systems are till now supplied for various wastewater treatment including sewage, laundry effluent,hospital effluent, hotel & restaurant sewage, textile industry effluent,dairy effluent, chemical industry and cooling tower water treatment.
We offer treatability tests for your effluents.Contact us for all your complex wastewater treatment requirements related to complexity of the effluent, space constraints, odour problems and mitigating the discharge norms. Aeolus has solutions for your problems!